1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Rash in my legs from trimming! Heelllppppp

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cuttin-to-the-Max, May 30, 2011.

1. cuttin-to-the-Max

cuttin-to-the-Max LawnSite Bronze Member

So I trimmed all day today and now I have this pain/ burn in bet. My legs....it kills! I can't even walk with my legs closed... Anyone ever have this happen to them before??? My coworker has it too!
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

You never heard of "Monkeybutt"?
  3. LawnGuy35

LawnGuy35 LawnSite Member

If, by between the legs, you mean your groin area, it sounds like chafing. Wear a good pair of boxer briefs...never boxers. Boxer briefs prevent skin from rubbing skin up in that region...boxers don't. Plus, it doesn't hurt to apply some absorbent powder around the area before you head out for the day, and maybe a few times throughout the day.
  4. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

oh man that sucks...i get that sometimes if i go walking/running for miles...best thing is don't wear any underwear at all lol...it works...even with briefs the edge of the briefs can rub you raw as well.
  5. LawnGuy35

LawnGuy35 LawnSite Member

Trust me, that is FAR from the best thing to do. Anytime skin rubs skin (especially when you're sweating), chafing will be a problem. Again, a good pair of boxer briefs will prevent it. Last spring I always wore boxers, and on hotter days, chafing occurred. But ever since then I've been wearing Under Armor boxer briefs and haven't had a problem.
  6. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

Under Armour underwear briefs will help with the issue you describe.
  7. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

ahhh first time with monkey butt....You will never leave for work without powdering up again! Boxer briefs and gold bond medicated work best...
  8. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

You could wear a thong and "wick" the sweat right out of there. :D
  9. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

well i guess it depends...my skin doesn't rub when i do that but the underwear rubs my skin...lol...i've never had a problem while trimming or anything though wearing underwear or even walking like at a mall or something...it only seems to happen if i go to a walking track or something but it doesn't always happen...it's weird lol...i never wear boxers...they are just too hot lol...i hate those boxer briefs too cuz i don't like it on my legs and it riding up and such...briefs only for me lol
  10. SouthSide Cutter

SouthSide Cutter LawnSite Bronze Member

When you grow up things will change trust me.