Rate For Three Way Ester Ii?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by GREENITUP, Sep 17, 2004.

1. GREENITUP

GREENITUP LawnSite Member

Does anyone else use Three way Ester II in their early spring liquid apps.? I'm trying to calculate my next years cost per 1,000 s/f and the mix rate on the label gives a huge range - something like .91 to 1.28 oz. per 0.5 to 5.5 gallons per 1,00 s/f !!! I mix it with Dimension and a little urea - I've got those $/1,000 but need a mix rate (in oz.'s) for the Ester that will knock out chickweed, hen-bit, and most other winter weeds. I'm in south-eastern Virginia. Thanks for any input. :confused:

2. kickin sum grass

kickin sum grass LawnSite Senior Member

I use the midway point or above when mixing. If I know I have lawns with a lot of wild violets or ground ivy I will mix around 1.2 oz/1000ft sq. That is using cool power ester.

3. TSM

TSM LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

we use the high rate in the spring. in the spring plants are full of energy and want to grow, the higher rate just does a better job translocating through the plant.

just the oposite in the fall. we use the low rate.

4. GREENITUP

GREENITUP LawnSite Member

Thanks for the info. We have always stuck to the Ester or Amine because we thought it did better at cooler temp's on tall fescue. Do you guys have any experiance with "generic" 3 ways? If so, what were the results? I usually find you get what you pay for, but am always looking to cut costs at the same time.