1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Rate increase?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Landgreen, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Landgreen

Landgreen LawnSite Member

Curious as to how many of you plan on raising prices. I don't see any way around it. Practically everying I purchase has gone up. Fert, WC, heck even my family grocery bill is nuts.

I'm bumping up everything on average of 7%. Can't wait for the complaints but need to stay up with costs somehow. Anyone else?

2. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

Every year,you said it costs go up.

3. jbturf

jbturf LawnSite Bronze Member

it would seem right now that most all business related costs/expenses are going to be flat, with the fertilizer being uncertain as always,

but your right the cost of living is increasing, obamacare should have healthcare and taxes increasing , groceries have certainly been going up

4. Efficiency

Efficiency LawnSite Bronze Member
    from zone 6

Same pricing as last 4 years

5. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

Only bad thing about that is when you need to raise your prices it will be a shock to them .A little at a time is better.

6. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes. $3 is a nice round number that I like.

7. Landgreen

Landgreen LawnSite Member

With higher rates for all my services I am going to discontinue my fuel charge since it is covered. That seems to tick many off since they see it every month on their bill. Some dont even pay it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Same here!

We have been able to hold pricing on our existing customers and darn proud of it.

We do however have a small price increase on new customers every year.

Our input costs are almost less this year then last year and the only wild card will be fuel. And we will have 25% of it locked in here real soon.

9. Cadzilla

Cadzilla LawnSite Senior Member

Same here accept for my fert pricing which I don't lock in for several reasons.

What I try to do to offset expenses going up is to be more and more efficient with my expenses instead of running to my bread and butter every year and asking for more.

I have never raised a price on an existing client and probably never will.

10. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Cant realy blame em. Fuel is your cost , not theirs. Hide it in the bill.