Rate My Stripes Please

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Darryl G, May 28, 2011.

1. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Here's a couple of pictures of a lawn I mowed yesterday. The stripes don't show up really well in them because of the sun angle I think but theres defintely stripes of long grass that the mower didn't get. This was cut with my 48 inch Turf Tracer. Nice huh? The key is to have a clogged deck mowing long wet grass and to do it at full speed so that the mower is almost stalling.

lazer drive belt and stripes 006.jpg

lazer drive belt and stripes 007.jpg
  2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Keep practicing!

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

i give it a 10 great job.
  4. Darryl G

Thanks guys!

The truth is that this factory is bi-weekly and was at 13 days. That section was way long. What I usually do is I cut in along the edges and slopes with my Tracer and then hop on the Lazer. I didn't want to clog up the Lazer deck mowing this area so I just knocked it down first with the Tracer. I ran portions over again with the Tracer and then picked it all up with the Lazer. Evening dew didn't help matters.
  5. maybe a minus 2.
  6. ktoom

ktoom LawnSite Member

Keep practicing lol. That Lazer should lay some mean stripes..... even meaner with the older style stripe kit lol
  7. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

8. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Sweet. It does look like you missed plastering grass all over the tree on the right side though.
  9. StanWilhite

StanWilhite LawnSite Silver Member

you ain't right................. :)
  10. Darryl G

The pictures really don't do justice to how crappy this looked. They were taken looking toward the setting sun on auto so of course the camera didn't handle the exposure properly. It was dark by the time I left.