Rate Per Acre

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grass03743, Mar 16, 2006.

1. grass03743

grass03743 LawnSite Member

I am bidding on a 20 acre capped landfill job and I was wondering if anyone uses an acre per hour rate. I generally charge $1 per minute based on the size of the deck on the machine. For instance a 72 inch deck I get $72 per hour to operate the machine. A 61 inch deck I get $61 dollars per hour. If anyone has an easier method of bidding by the acre please feel free to help me out!

TURFLORD LawnSite Senior Member

I think you meant to say you charge those prices per hour. The customer doesn't care how fast you go just how much you charge.:waving: But that formula sounds pretty good.
  3. westernmdlawn

westernmdlawn LawnSite Member

I just finished a 20 acre landfill cap mowing job for a company in December. I don't know who you are bidding for but I bet its the same company I worked for. CRA? Anyway, if you are interested I will talk more about what I did for them and how much $ I charged for the work. P.M. me if you want to know more.
  4. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

how close would a $330 bid be?
  5. westernmdlawn

westernmdlawn LawnSite Member

No where even close. All I will say is that it was bid as an hourly rate for a 3 man crew & equipment. I had about 20-30 hours in it.
  6. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

round here we can get $ 1200.00 per cut for 15 acres at a factory
  7. grass03743

grass03743 LawnSite Member

No, the landfill is a municipality in NH and the city is putting the job out for bid. I was figuring approximately $2000 would be a legit number? Although the job is mostly a 3:1 pitch it is pretty steep in some areas.
  8. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

I dunno but it better not be too high if you want to gt the job....Would be nice if you could find out how many others are bidding and who they are.
  9. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Government jobs always go to the lowest bidder. If you bid more than $40 per acre you won't get the job. I've seen county park mowing jobs go for $25 per acre here in Florida. I won't even bid government work anymore. It's a waste of time.