1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Rate per hr ???

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by PLS-Tx, Oct 5, 2006.

1. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

Is $70 per man hr a fair price to charge for bush trimming, tree trimming, ect?

Also do you have a minimum of so many hrs?
  2. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

We charge 50-75 dollars a hour per man to trim . Depends on how high and wide the hedges ,bushes or small tree's are. I think a flat 70 is a little high 70 would be good for stuff thats over your head like 7-10 ft bushes you know the ones that have't been trimmed for years:laugh:
  3. PLS-Tx

from Texas

Thanks for the reply.

I just finised a bush/tree trimming job, some of it was easy work, and some was very overgrown with vines that had taken over the bushes.

It took a total of 26 mhrs :dizzy:, at $70 per mhr that $1820+tax.

Maybe I should charge $60 per mhr, $1560+tax.

What would you guys do???
  4. PLS-Tx

from Texas

5. scott's turf

scott's turf LawnSite Senior Member
    from NH

Did you give the customer an estimate cost or tell them your hourly rate? I hope they understand the scope of the work and the cost involved or you are going to have some problems. I think $70/hr is fair.

MANICURED LAWNS LawnSite Member

Give them the total cost people don't know how long stuff like that takes and depending on their age they might misinterpret your hourly price as the bid lol.
  7. dave k

dave k LawnSite Bronze Member

I hate trimming bushes, the clean up is worst than trimming, I bet the customer chokes when they see the bill! but thats alot of work, get what you can, if they balk at the price reduce your hourly rate. BTW, How do you clean up all the clippings? rake? Its rough in the south with hedges in pine straw beds or hardwood mulch.
    Dave K