Rate the poster

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by MacLawnCo, Mar 7, 2003.

1. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

Sean and others,

as i was just browsing, i had a brain fart. I think it would be awesome if we could add features to the buddy list and ignore list. What i mean by that is on each post, there could be a button to "rate this member". Each member here would have a different list of people they rate, and then when ever they return to this site, the list would automaticly change the background of each post to reflect their fealings of that particular poster. I think it would be alot easier for all of us since that would eliminate the need check the "credentials" of each member. An example of this would go like this:

Gold background: those whose info i lolve to read
    Silver background: those that have some good info
    White background: those that have some good info from time to time
    Orange background: those who have shady business practices
    Red background: those whose info totally is worthless most of the time

What do you think...i dont know computers, but i dont see this as beeing too dificult.

2. MacLawnCo

3. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

Mac you might get taken seriously if you get rid of that hideous avatar. :D :D

4. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

Not a bad idea.... but I'm not sure anyone will want to be known as one who is "totally is worthless most of the time".... There is a difference between classifying for convenience and labeling people....I just want to find the best way...good idea.... I'm guessing something like that will become an option....

5. MacLawnCo

Same with you!

6. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

Same with who?

7. MacLawnCo

Sean, one of the benefits of this "budly list" alteration would be that each and everyone who chooses to rate a poster would have different response colors. If i look at LFGs posts, it would theoreticly appear a different color than if BHB would look at it. The poster we rate (LGF in this example) would have no information that they are either gold or worthless. Just trying to clarify. Hope to see somehting like this in the future. That way i dont have to block some one who is on my ignore list. I would just subsconsciously realize that their info is not really that important or realative to me.

8. MacLawnCo

\

Brickman... in his response about my avitar.

9. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

ROFLMAO

Mac if you feel that my avatar is hideous then I truely feel sorry for you not being able to enjoy the beauties of this world. :eek:

\/ \/ \/ \/ \/