Rate these enclosed trailers

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by SouthernYankee, Jun 30, 2005.

1. SouthernYankee

SouthernYankee LawnSite Senior Member

I am in the market for an enclosed 6x12 trailer and I have dealers in my area that sell the following trailers. Are these brands all in the same ballpark or is there one that is a better constructed trailer?

2.Pace American

2.Wells Cargo

UNISCAPER LawnSite Bronze Member

Wells Cargo, unqueustionably the best.

Haulmark and Pace, somwhere under that.

Reason, Wells has a better frame, and trailer box frame, and the one thing you can count on is uniformity with component parts such as brakes and axles.

Though most manufacturers use Dexter axles, a game they play is purchasing different model axles that use obsolete and morphadite brake and hubs. The problem comes when you need to replace them, you will actually need to down the trailer and compare parts until you get the right ones.

With Wells, all you need do is give a model and serial number and the parts man knows exactly what system is in your trailer by looking on line to see what it got. Nobody else does that in the three you mentioned.
  3. tnturbo

tnturbo LawnSite Member

I would rank them Wells, Haulmark, Pace
  4. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

I cant rank, I havent had em all... but I have a 20ft Haulmark Transport. I love it, execpt I wish It had plywood sides. Oh well. I want to mount stuff to the wall, but im scared of drilling through the sides. Thus im thinking of taking all the luan off, and putting in 2x4 lumber studs along the metal beams, then putting up 3/4" plywood. However I just have to find the time to do this.

But I still love the trailer, alot better then my old open trailers
  5. Fireman4949

Fireman4949 LawnSite Member

I looked at all 3 (and more) before I bought my 8x20 Pace American Landscape trailer...I am impressed with the quality of the Pace.

*Pressure treated 3/4" plywood floors.
    *36" side door.
    *4500 lb. rear ramp w/ extension flap (also all pressure treated).
    *54" 2x6 triple tongue and 2x6 main frame w/ 16" centers on floor and walls.
    *3/4" plywood kick plate on all walls.
    *3/8" plywood walls with extra 3/8"x12" head band
    *Torsion axles w/EZ-Lube hubs and 15" radial tires (and full spare as well).
    *Rear stabilizer jacks.
    *2 roof vents and 2 side wall vents and 2 Maxxair roof vent covers.
    *6'5" interior height.
    *2 12v interior lights w/wall switch.
    ...All for $5400.00!

Better and less expensive than all of the other brands I looked at.

This is just my opinion, FWIW, but I am VERY pleased with it!

Kevin :D

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

We have 2 haulmarks bought these new we love em,most people give there 2 cents when they have never owned them.I was going to buy a featherlite box trailer go compare feature's you really save nothing.