Rates in AL

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by greenman099, Nov 30, 2007.

1. greenman099

greenman099 LawnSite Member

What's the going rate per 1000 sq ft in central Alabama? Seems like I've seen $7 to $8 on 10,000 and under.

2. greenman099

greenman099 LawnSite Member

Is anybody out there in Alabama?? Any ideas on current pricing?

3. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

About $25 minimum charge--for a small lawn. After that you need to use a Sqfoot charge so you make about $75 per hour. (before expenses are deducted of course.)

You did not clarify what you were doing. Is that for mowing? Chemical lawn care? Laying sod? Aeration?

Ask around--what is your competition charging? Get Tru Green to estimate your own house. And your mother. And your brother.

When fertilizer cost goes up you will have to add that average extra cost for each 1000 sq foot. Some rounds cost more for chemicals than others-use the average chemical cost for the year.

4. LawnNeedz

LawnNeedz LawnSite Senior Member

I am in Huntsville. My pricing is not set up on square footage alone. You also need to factor obstacles such as trees, swingsets, etc... into your pricing. I start out at $30 for up to 3000sqft and then it goes up any where between $5-7 per thousand depending on the layout of the yard. I hope this helps!

5. Jimmie

Jimmie LawnSite Member
    Male, from Montgomery, Al

I just bid on a new one today. 3500sqft I went $52.00 per app. I just look at how much fertilizer it would take and go cost x 4 then add more if you need to for trees ext. Whats the name of your company?

6. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

I wish I was in your market. I'd call myself G-Munee Lawn care.
    I get about $35 for 3,500 sq ft in Central Arkansas.

7. Jimmie

Jimmie LawnSite Member

You can charge more, labor $13hr. Insurance , fertilizer, fuel ect. it would have to be a very small yard for me to charge around $35. Compared to some companies I feel like I need to charge more.

8. ALATURF

ALATURF LawnSite Member

Did you get the account? How many treatments per year? I am in the Montgomery area some and it would be hard to get that kind of price for that small of a yard.

9. Jimmie

Jimmie LawnSite Member

I have been told I have the account. This house has allot of trees, shrubs and pool to work around the yard is larger but the area with grass is small. I would not get this on every yard this size. I try to get the 6 treatments a year. I don't look at what everyone else charges just the large companies. I have been in business for 17 years but I just started servicing lawns in Oct. Right now I have only 40 yards. (I could of charged to much, but it has to be lower then who has it now)

10. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

Good for you! No way I could get that much around here. I've been in the biz 17 years also.