Rates up for 05?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bunton Guy, Oct 31, 2004.

1. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Bronze Member

Jan first all my contracts will be raised per trip to cover for higher fuel costs. Who else? Any other reasons to raise your price?

2. mikefeliciano

mikefeliciano LawnSite Member

We are raising most of our rates next year,

Between fuel, health insurance, and all the other costs of doing business you have to do it. Some of our big "route" contracts this year, we informed we were adding a fuel surcharge on ALL work orders outside of normal schedule, and a small monthly surcharge for fuel on the monthly work. Nic ething was we didn't lose one customer.

My advice take into account more than your fuel costs, look at everything, and look at it like pessimist, that way if the crap hits the fan your covered.

3. tinman

tinman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ga

Raising everybody mowing prices next year. ANything this fall is being price higher already.

4. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm incrasing my revenue by 3000 dollars by raising rates or I'm walking.

5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I am going to make some kind of adjustment...just not sure how much yet due to fuel increases.

6. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

Not going to raise every one but I will take this spring to adjust lawns I just feel are not as high as they should be. Some lawns make me 25 dollars in 10 mins while others pay 45 dollars and take an hour obviously I want to raise some one like that.

7. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I'm raising plowing prices this winter and all mowing in the spring. I am calling it "increase in the cost of doing business" I have a hard time blaming it on a specific item such as gas. Are you going to lower your prices if gas prices go down???

8. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i plan to not raise prices per say, but, to add more surcharges. my newest surcharge: the wind blew all the leaves off your lawn, so we couldn't charge you extra to clean them, surcharge

9. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

That is the same

10. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

you bet I'm raising prices for 05. 5% across the board plus a per account increase based on how much fuel we use each month for each account. We already know how much fuel we use per month per account.
    Everything in my personal and business life is going up in price so you bet my prices will as well. Won't even think twice about it.