Rates

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by LLL, Sep 24, 2005.

1. LLL

LLL LawnSite Member

Hello, I'm hoping someone can help me out. I live in Tampa, FL in a home thats total property contains 2400 sq ft. I don't have the measurements of the front and back lawn, but I know it takes my lawn service about 15 minutes to mow both sides. As far as I can tell, all they do is cut the grass and sometimes trim the hedges. Can anyone tell me what they think this should cost me a month? I'm sure I'm not giving you enough info, but I just don't know the lawn measurements! Thanks for any help...

2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Are you goin to trim, blow and edge or just do what they were doing? What do they have for landscaping around the yard? How much trimming will be involved? And what do you think the total time will be to do everything you need to do over there?

I am not all that great about pricing but answering those questions will give others on here a better idea of what the property is like! Good luck welcome to Lawnsite!

3. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

$50 per visit...........................

4. LLL

LLL LawnSite Member

Thanks for your response. I'm actually not in the lawn business, I'm just trying to find out how much I should be charged to get my lawn mowed. I kind of crashed this website I guess.. haha. Sorry.. My service just raised their prices on me and I think I'm going to have to switch to another... I just have no idea what the normal rate is. Now that you mention it, I suppose they do edge and blow along with cutting and trimming hedges. They do whatever normal things a lawn serivce does to a residential lawn. And our lawn is pretty small, I would say... not tiny, but smallish. I feel helpless in finding out what a fair price would be, and I don't have the time to get estimates and go to door to door asking my neighbors. So if anyone has any help for me, I would appreciate it sooooo much!! :)

5. LLL

LLL LawnSite Member

thanks, arizweedhead, you posted at the same time as me :).... wow I am paying a lot more than $50

6. shiveslandcsaping

shiveslandcsaping LawnSite Member

7. LLL

LLL LawnSite Member

oh, $50 per visit, $150 a month. I read that wrong... well I do pay waaaay less than $150....

8. shiveslandcsaping

shiveslandcsaping LawnSite Member

homeowners do not realize the cost of landscaping

9. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

what are you paying???? maybe we can help you better :)

10. LLL

LLL LawnSite Member

I started the service in April at it was $75 a month. For the month of Sept it's $80. I'm not sure how much it'll be through out the rest of the year.