rates

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by greenmonster304, Jul 13, 2007.

1. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

what are you guys charging for service calls/per hour in your area? We get $90 for service call and that gets me to the site and the first hr and $80 for every additional hour after that for a tech and $40 for laborers.

2. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

w0w..

are you in the "RITZY Hamptons"?

we charge 45$ for a SC.

41.50 a man hour.

free estimates

3. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

I wouldn't give 60 minutes of work for that service charge. Travel time would cut it down to 30 to 45 minutes.

4. greenmonster304

greenmonster304 LawnSite Gold Member

"I wouldn't give 60 minutes of work for that service charge. Travel time would cut it down to 30 to 45 minutes."

most of my 120 accounts are within 15 miles of the shop

5. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

So you'd be closer to a 45 minute service charge, to go by the 15 miles. I gave up on the 60 minute deal right after some customer wanted me to stack firewood with the 'time remaining' on my initial hour. I do bill additional time in half-hour increments, so running a bit over my initial time limit doesn't cost anyone too much.

6. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

That is $45 plus $41.5 or $86.5 if you were there for an hour or $65.75 for an half hour? That is not too far off of the going price in my area. We are $67 for first half hr or $94 for the 1st hr. Our SC is $40 and labor is $54. We don't think our market will allow more that $100 the first hr. When someone wants to schedule an appointment on a day that is fully booked they pay service call fee of $80 and a labor rate of $85hr 1 hour min. If they have to have it on a Saturday or Sunday when we are not scheduled they are at a service call fee of $120 and $85hr labor, one hr min. I manage to take those myself 1st thing in the AM.

7. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

$50 service call which covers the first half hour. $60 hr there after, billed in quarter hour increments.

8. 89/hr plus 18/hr for the helper.

9. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Do you always have a helper with you? At $18 an hour for the helper, what are you paying him and how do you make any money off him? I find it very inefficient and unprofitable when I have someone with me. Now if it is a job that we need to go back to, such as last week where we re-routed a lot of pipes due to tree roots, I had all three of us there. My rate stayed the same, but I charged $50 and hour for each of them.

10. It's called getting old and stiff. My assistant works by himself but I keep someone around to do cleanup, heavy lifting, etc. Right now he gets 9/hr but as he learns I'l charge more. Hopefully he'll learn to do service calls on his own. 17 year old. Works out 107/hr for two man crew.