Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by jbturf, May 23, 2011.

1. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

I just returned from a 5-day road trip. I visited relatives and lawnsite.com friends. Kansas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Missouri. Of all the places I visited, Joplin, Missouri still stands out. It was about 100 degrees when we hopped in Ray's Jeep to go out to supper, yet it was a comfortable ride cuz Ray removed the doors from his Jeep.

We set out to eat supper at a local/rustic restaurant that Ray & his wife thought I would enjoy. I didn't ask to see the tornado damage cuz I figured it was not appropriate, but Ray & his beautiful wife figured I needed to see it. So Ray took me through the devastated area of Joplin. I experienced tornado damage before (our farm got hit 3 times). I'm here to tell all -- the total devastation that I saw was unbelievable. Pictures & words cannot describe it. Tears rolled down my face as we slowly drove through what was once there. I will never forget what I saw. Never. :cry:
  2. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

glad in a way you could experience it larry. i can only imagine. got to meet another member today, MOTurkey. nice guy, he is from down that way but not that far.
  3. robertsturf

robertsturf LawnSite Bronze Member

Great post Larry! I'm sure alot of people feel the same way! I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to meet up last week we you were in the area.