Rb 1804 Vs Rb 1804ln

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by longball07, Apr 17, 2008.

1. longball07

longball07 LawnSite Member

The only difference that I can tell is one is sold at Big Box stores like HD and Lowes and the other is sold at wholesale stores. Any Difference? Thanks. Okay the LN stands for Less Nozzle, what does that Mean???????????

2. Tom Tom

Tom Tom LawnSite Bronze Member

Does not come with a nozzle

3. longball07

So the 1804's at the wholesale place come with a nozzle, not the orange things with the thumb ring. What type of nozzle do the 1804's come with?

4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Pros don't buy 1804s with nozzles

5. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Nary a head Ive purchased in a coon's age had a nozzle already installed.

Seems like there is a lot of comparison with BigBox products on here as of late...

They are not the same, dont work as well or last as long, hence the discount. If you are going to irrigate professionally, install professional products and do great work, get help from your SUPPLIER when you need it;dont be a dousche.

(This was aimed at no one in particular, seriously.)

6. longball07

I use to install sprinklers in the summer during college. This is for my own home and the products have changed a little since 2000. This is why I am asking the big box VS. wholesale questions! I know they aren't the same exact products, hence the nice LN at the end of the bigbox part number. Is it really that big of a drop of in quality is the main question at hand. Like the RB 100 JTV that Bigbox stores sells compared to the 100 JTV that the wholesale stores sell. The big box bottom of the valve is gray while the wholesale is black. Any person with some common sense can tell that they aren't they same, even if they have the same part number. But is it really that big of a difference in quality to pay twice as much.

7. Both valves use the same diaphragms....

8. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Well, London, as bad as you say the bottoms of the DV valves are there, could it get any worse with the gray bottoms, is it worth chancing it?