RB Auction pics 05/19/2010

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by bobcat_ron, May 19, 2010.

1. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

So whats wrong with that one machine?

2. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

I didn't buy anything, neither did the dude I was with, we were both broke.

The excavators brought in between 50-60,000 and the old Hitachi brought in (not 100% sure) about $3000. The Madill 122 went for over 130,000, that was a long price war, the dozers went for 60,000, again, I couldn't tell you, but the rollers were cheap, cheap, cheap for their sizes and the rock trucks were cheap too.
    Lots of TKT Contracting there, 304CR, 904C, 908's, 225 Deere, D6's and TLB's, they were the biggest name there.

3. bobcat_ron

That ugly Hitachi 200 was under water on it's side for a few months, look under neath and it was RUST EVERYWHERE, even a machine with 14,000 hours shouldn't have rust in those places, the bog water eats and corrodes everything, you can still see the scrapes they made on the sides of the boom while trying to pull it out with out using a chain, they just grabbed it with another hoe and started pulling.

Here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR9BgWa8SE8

4. DirtMerchant

DirtMerchant LawnSite Senior Member

Damn, I was curious what the sucken hitachi went for.

I think JR is wondering about the Samsung.

5. bobcat_ron

The cotton spun Samsung has a seized carrier roller, the track rails just keep wearing into the roller, look really close, it's wore right through the roller and on the carrier's shaft.

6. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah thats what I was wondering about. I didnt see anything wrong thats why I asked. The only thing I saw was what appears to be oil leaking from the front of the primary around the bolts.

7. hvy 1ton

hvy 1ton LawnSite Senior Member

That 892 is a glorious old skool road builder.:clapping: You could have picked a better angle for the guess what's broke pic. I noticed that the track didn't look right but didn't figure it out.

8. bobcat_ron

The worst I saw was the Deere 850, it had a few pads replaced with almost new, but the existing pads were well past the 80% limit, so when it rolled across the ramp, the slightly newer pads dug into the pavement, what a sight, the old "barney" UH17-2 had a front roller wobble, the main bearing was gone and 1/3 of the pads were loose, it was sold for scrap.

9. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

There was lots of old junk in that auction the days are gone when there was good stuff at Ritchie Bros.

Those 210 Volvo excavators look like the ones that belong to Pacific Blasting.

10. bobcat_ron

The last 210 Volvo was bought by some one we both know GR, but not the dude I was with, this dude knew the company quite well and has operated this Volvo, he was ecstatic when he got the final bid.