RB Auction

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by bobcat_ron, Mar 23, 2010.

1. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Anyone here in the Lower Mainland/Fraser Valley going to the new RB Auction opening in Chilliwack?

If I get my ditching done early enough I can make it out before 5pm, I already know of 2 of my YT subscribers that are going.

2. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

There is quite abit of iron in that auction it may go cheap. I'am not going I have no money to spend anyways :cry:

3. bobcat_ron

I checked the listings, more junk than good used it seems, I was looking for skid steer and excavator attachments.

4. DirtMerchant

DirtMerchant LawnSite Senior Member

I was thinking of going but have no one to go with. I may just got by my lonesome.

5. bearmtnmartin

bearmtnmartin LawnSite Senior Member

There won't be any deals judging by how many people were previewing today. The only time I ever got a deal at RB was in a snowstorm a few years ago and not many people stuck around.

6. bobcat_ron

I saw an exact copy of my F450, but manual tranny and polished rims, and all those skid steer attachments, oh baby if I had some more business for that!

7. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Those are not polished wheels on that F-450 cab and chassis they are stainless wheel simulators. That 450 will probably go cheap because it has a 6spd manual.

I doubt you will get any deals tomorrow at that auction it will probably be a huge crowd and they have to buy something can't leave empty handed even if they don't really need what they bought.

8. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

its not a dinner date!! just go with alot of Benjamins

9. bearmtnmartin

bearmtnmartin LawnSite Senior Member

The trouble with RB auctions is that most people who go have 5 g in their jeans that they can piss away on a pickup or an attachment or a spare hoe if something catches their eye. You get deals on pallets of junk sometimes, but not too much else. Its a big dogs toy room.

10. westcoh

westcoh LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alberta

I was just at the Ritchie Brothers auction in Edmonton and everything I watched went high there too.