RB Auction

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by bobcat_ron, Mar 23, 2010.

1. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Good Lord, that's cheap.

2. mrsops

mrsops LawnSite Silver Member

Stuve that's funny the guy where going down there with has a case but I'm not sure what model it is. We use him a lot in the snow

3. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

My old man was at the auction he said it was a nightmare way too many people and it wasn't well organized. Alot of the stuff was pretty junky.

4. Danny Boy

Danny Boy LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks Captain Upbeat:laugh:

5. Gravel Rat

I think Ritchie Bros is going to get a lot of complaints over how miss managed it was. The first problem was parking Ritchie Bros didn't have enough shuttle busses and it was a mile walk to the site. The wait for a bid book was over a hour long my brother gave up standing in line. The concession stand was swamped the line to get foot or a coffee was too long.

Then Ritchies has a new auction format and it confused many of the people the thing they wanted they thought they were bidding on wasn't the thing they wanted.

I don't think Ritchie Bros thought that many people would show up. Many guys from my area left early they got pizzed off. Too many people you couldn't move around if you were trying to buy something it was tough.

Maybe the June auction will go better.

6. DirtMerchant

DirtMerchant LawnSite Senior Member

I was there, it seemed typical of an auction. My uncle bid from home.

7. DirtMerchant

DirtMerchant LawnSite Senior Member

I thought this thread was about a different sized machine.

:hammerhead:

8. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

I dont get discuraged when there is lots of people at the auction . Lots of people can mean that everyone is out of work, and have nothing beter to do.

Also a 2000 hour machine, that has been operated by some yahoo can have WAY more wear on it then a 6000 or 7000 hour owner operated machine.

9. Gravel Rat

Hey Ronnie that 2005 F-450 cab and chassis sold for 17,000 dollars I can't beleive somebody paid that it was a really plain XL.

10. bearmtnmartin

bearmtnmartin LawnSite Senior Member

My brother bought a couple of diesel pickups there. One was an 05 dodge 1 ton 4X4 for 8K. He said there were some deals because so many people couldn't get to the site and then when they got there, they had to wait for a couple of hours in line to get their numbers.