1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

RB Auction

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by bobcat_ron, Mar 23, 2010.

1. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Hey I paid $47,590 for my plain F450 XL, new in 2005.

There's a sucker born every minute. :laugh:
  2. bobcat_ron

I just saw some private video, the Pacific Hayes HDX logging trucks (fat trucks) some went for $21,000.
  3. bearmtnmartin

bearmtnmartin LawnSite Senior Member

Those were Cattermole trucks I think. kind of fitting since they owned the site before it was developed.
  4. bobcat_ron

Rare Challengers, biggest of the biggest, engines slide out on rollers forward, radiators hinge down, really smart:

5. RitchieBros

RitchieBros LawnSite Member

To Gravel_Rat and other Chilliwack Attendees,

Ritchie Bros. would like to apologize for the delays experienced in Chilliwack earlier this week. This was our inaugural auction in the Fraser Valley, and we were not expecting such a high turnout from the community. In fact, this sale had more than 3400 registered bidders, the highest number for any sale we’ve ever conduced in British Columbia. Regrettably, there was a lack of available transportation, long lines, and confusion surrounding the timed auction lot system.

As regular Ritchie Bros. bidders know, we strive for an enjoyable customer experience. We are currently working to improve your experience by fixing these shortcomings prior to the next Chilliwack auction; which takes place on May 19th.

Devin Rose
    Corporate Communications
    Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers
  6. bearmtnmartin

bearmtnmartin LawnSite Senior Member

Hey, this forum has some drawing power! Well, on behalf of a local, welcome to Chilliwack. Its nice to see a local company doing so well. I have certainly spent my share of money at the Surrey location, and now you are right in my back yard.
  7. bobcat_ron

Holy Hell I didn't expect an official reply from an RB person, this forum is some freaky powerful mamajama.

I will say this, it would have been nice to have it on a weekend, and spaced out over 3 days, you get more business and repeat people over 3 days with less line ups and cussing over the way things are going.
  8. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

I'am surprised to see a reply on here from Ritchie's :drinkup:

If the was more than 3400 registered bidders there must have been 4000 or more in total.

I probably know who bought the one of the HDX trucks the one had Cat conversion in it that is worth more than 20 grand alone. It is becoming common practice to yank the noisy screaming piece of steaming turd 12v71 out and put in a C-15 Cat with a 18spd. The fuel savings alone pays for the conversion.

Have to see what the next auction will be like. In reality the auction that happened this week was a borderline 2 day auction. A lot of pieces in that auction a lot more than usual.

My old man has a express bidder card so he shows his card and gets a bid book. I think any regular visitor should get the express bidder card it will prevent what happened this week with long line ups for getting a bid book.
  9. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

gr, do you ever stop whining???? say thanks to the guy for the explanation, it was awful nice of him.
  10. DirtMerchant

DirtMerchant LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the response, I've been going to your auctions ever since I can remember. It's nice to know that changes will be in effect, I came to see what was there, but was forced to leave due to time restrictions. I Agree with what Ron mentioned about having it on weekend. I realize that you probably schedule it with other auctions worldwide, but if one day could at least be a Friday or Monday that would be ideal.

Oh and don't mind Gravel Rat, he just likes to talk.
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2010