1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

RB SQ Nozzles

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by ARGOS, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

These have been available for at least 2-3 years. I have some, haven't used them though.

2. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

I tried them over a year ago and wasn't convinced of coverage... so I replaced them with 5 ft nozzles and turned them down a little.

Did they redesign them? Or is this just a marketing push? I got a postcard yesterday too.

3. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Don't know. I got them just to have for a "quick fix". I would never design a system using these. For areas that small, SDI is the better option IMO.

4. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

The originals were called XPCNs (for Xeri Pressure Compensating Nozzles) and the flow was stated in gph... for instance:

In the "first" position @ 40 psi the H at 3.0 ft radius used 13.7 GPH and a precip. rate of 1.22 in/hr.

Yet at the "second" position @ 40 psi the H at 4.0 ft radius used the same GPH, but a precip. rate of .54 in/hr.

Both of these as laid out with no overlap.

I didn't really look at the post card yet to see whether these are the same thing or something different.