RBG Blade GrinderBG121

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ajordan193, May 3, 2008.

1. ajordan193

ajordan193 LawnSite Senior Member
    from WNY

How do you guys like yours? I'm looking at the BG-121 does anyone run this one? Would this grinder work well on walker and scag blades? Also how does this compare to the oregon ones?

2. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

unless your sharpening a lot of blades a week, buy an angle grinder and bench vise.

3. ajordan193

ajordan193 LawnSite Senior Member
    from WNY

i want a blade grinder, i'd like to set it at one angle so it is correct everytime.

4. mmacsek

mmacsek LawnSite Senior Member

I have the RBG 121 grinder and it works great. I have Scags and a Yazoo/Kees. The grinder can rotate CW or CCW. To be fair this is the only blade grinder I ever used. You won't be sorry. Matt

5. bigclawn

bigclawn LawnSite Senior Member

we have used the 121 unit for many years with excellent results. We sharpen approx 100 blades a week. Our dealer sells 40 to 50 a year.

6. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

Im with you. Theres nothing wrong with having a blade grinder. Make sure you get one that sharpens any length blade. I recommend the bierlein fireball series. They are the modern version of the RBG but cost more.

7. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I use the RBG121 also. It works nice and remember to get the diamond tip wheel dresser and the grit collector when you get the grinder.

Make sure it has the Ruby wheel.

8. deereman

deereman LawnSite Senior Member
    from USA

We just got the RBG 3/4 hp. from Landscaper Pro. last week. We used it a little. Great power, although I would recommend the ceramic premium wheel over the ruby wheel anyday.

9. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Can you get the Ceramic over the ruby without buying the ceramic also??

10. Gruneich Lawn Care Inc.

Gruneich Lawn Care Inc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from SD

I also have a RBG, I love it, we swap blades daily, so it gets used at least once a week.