1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

RBG blade sharpeners

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by whiteclifflawn, Jun 2, 2005.

1. whiteclifflawn

whiteclifflawn LawnSite Member

I am looking to get a RBG blade sharpener, been thinking of it for years, my dealer says the 1/2 hp is plenty, but I am looking to buy something once, and not every have to worry about it, at least for a while, have any of you guys got one, and are they the best? and is 1/2 hp enough for 61"-36" cut blades about 75 blades a week.

2. RKISTNER1

RKISTNER1 LawnSite Member

There going for $699.00 on E-bay. Is that a good deal?

3. br549oicu8

br549oicu8 LawnSite Bronze Member

Seems kinda high for the price to me.
    Shop around. We have used an RBG grinder for a few years and love it. I think it is onl 1/2 HP and we sharpern about 15 blades a day.
    Get the grit collector too!!!!

4. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought a new one on eBay bought 2 years ago was the 3/4 hp with an extra blue wheel was less than $500 shipped

5. whiteclifflawn

whiteclifflawn LawnSite Member

I am going to probably get one this week, I am just tired of tring to keep my edges strait, and it would be so much easier just run it though, check balance, done. I might go ahead and get the 1/2 hp, and the diamond wheel, grit collector, and wheel dresser, is the stand worth the price?

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

The 1/2 hp is significantly less than the 699 price given. If you are sharpening 75 blades a week, I would shoot for the 1 hp. This is the model 1012-C, I think. That will be up around 600, but with the one hp., it won't slow down and the motor will last you alot longer.