RBG Vibrating blade

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SJR Lawncare, Jul 21, 2001.

1. SJR Lawncare

SJR Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I got a RBG grinder about a month ago, model 2181`with the blue wheel. I just started haveng a problem....When I am grinding the blade, the entire blade vibrates very badly, almost to the point that I cant control it. It never did this before, its awful & I cant sharpen the blades properly anymore. Is it the wheel or something else.....Please give any ideas, Thanks

SJR Lawncare

2. Finecut

Finecut LawnSite Member
    from IL

SJR

Have you tried dressing the wheel? They sell a wheel dresser and I suspect that is your problem, that wheel should last you for a long time...but you have to take care of it.

3. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Get the dressing wheel, it will make things nice and round once again.

4. SJR Lawncare

Thanks for the tips guys, I should have ordered the dresser when I ordered the grinder. Do you guys know if I could get a wheel dresser from a hardware store or sears, or should I order the one from AM Leonard where I got my RBG? I ask this because I need to sharpen my blades now, not when it gets here in a week or more.
    THANKS

SJR

5. EJK2352

EJK2352 LawnSite Bronze Member

Get the diamond dresser that RBG sells, it works best w/ the blue (ceramic) wheel. I have a local mower that sells RBG grinders & they have dressers in stock. You might want to check locally before ordering one. ED

6. SJR Lawncare

OK guys, Thanks for all the help. I went to sears just to see if they had anything that would work. They had a grinding wheel dressing stick for $10.99, so I got it hoping it would get me back on the road till I can get a RBG Diamond tip dresser. To my amazement, it worked, no more vibrating. I guess it cleaned the crap off the wheel. I did use over 1/2 of the stick, but it did work.
    Thanks again

SJR

7. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I also have the diamond dresser and it works nice and should last a long time. As they say, Diamonds are Forever. :D

8. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

If the sears one doesn't work check with an Industrial supply company They would be able to help you. My wife works at one so she gets me about anything I need.