RC: Noticed many landscapers doing blow outs

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by CAPT Stream Rotar, Nov 8, 2007.

1. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

this past season...

In my past few years I've noticed these bottom feeders that are cutting throats left and right to get a blow out..I mean I don't go to their accounts stealing work...And now JESUS....EVERY landscape company is striving for the irrigation work..I mean WTF....1 guy in a neighborhood is doing zones for 8$$ for our 12$$..It's insane and wrong....This one landscape Giant company on Cape(Joyce) is Huge biggest or almost biggest with accounts does everything outside... And now this year he decides he will finally branch out into an irrigation company..I swear all the contractors i talk with are B$**$**** cause he sucked up 20 accts here 40 there..

I mean it seems that the pizza pie of irrigation work is shrinking..Service industry it will become..I'm just a foreman and is see it...

ARRRRRRRG!

CSR

2. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Yup. Seen way too many people doing it cheap this year. Not sure if landscapers or not. That's okay we have 715+ on the list with 20 left and a few stragglers calling every day. It irritates me, but it hasn't hurt my numbers. I have had a few decline over the phone when I tell them my rates though.

3. CAPT Stream Rotar

I'm glad its just not me...It's horrible...

they don't touch our numbers either.
    but still its like me taking my boss's customer list and doing it for 5 $ cheaper on a turn on or something..

btw its good to hear that your almost done dana...
    I know i was very happy and my boss even happier when we finished.

4. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

i think a lot of it has to do with people's desire to have someone handle EVERYTHING. I know with our situation we contract with folks to handle the entire property. check the sprinklers on a set schedule, mow, remove leaves, winterize, and sometimes chase off intruders. here at least we don't have the density of people to specialize as much, so I try to be good at everything... some people try to do everything and don't do the "good" part but that's a different thread.

5. mojob

mojob LawnSite Senior Member

Here's a tip. Stop bragging about how much money you make doing blowouts.

6. CAPT Stream Rotar

who said I was bragging..

A few bottom feeders realized it was easy money and decided to cut throats..

It don't take a genius to realize your pushing buttons and putting compressed air to the system...The trick part of doing blow outs is trouble shooting with quick results...plain>simple.

and Who are you?

7. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Oh yeah....... I'll be happy when it's over. Now we have a bunch of repairs. I've done one frozen/cracked RP (with another on the list), 20+ bonnet/poppets, copper, etc. Have a controller to replace and a few other things that we've made a list of. I'll probably give all to my tech so I can sit back a little. Plus another possible mini-vaca late next week.

8. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Funny how I look forward to winterizations in July/August, and dread them half way through October. Oh well.

9. hoskm01

hoskm01 LawnSite Fanatic

Classic, not a month goes by without one...Lovin it.

10. CAPT Stream Rotar

as we say on cape cod..Par the course..

hehe.