1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

RC Track creates community, I sure hope so.

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by adam.neusbaum, Sep 19, 2012.

1. adam.neusbaum

adam.neusbaum LawnSite Senior Member

At 33 I've lived on the same street for 26 years now & couldn't tell you 1/2 of my neighbors names, now isn't that a shame? Im currently constructing a clay sand r.c. track on my property across the street. It will be free of charge & there's not much to steal or destroy. My total investment will be near $1k. Instead of griping about one generation of kids to the next I've decided to do something about it. Planning on posting a sign: Family Fun RC track opening 11/1/2012 & dropping RSVP sheets for our Pizza party on opening day. Thoughts?
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. BlazinJake

BlazinJake LawnSite Member

Sounds like a great idea... I've got great amounts of respect for someone that is willing to DO something instead of fussing about problems... makes me with i lived nearby lol... i had to sell my rc cars just a few months ago
  3. adam.neusbaum

This is where we're at so far.

4. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

Awesome man. I just mapped out Summerfield, dang your too far away for me to play.....
  5. StrokerTurbo7.3

StrokerTurbo7.3 LawnSite Member

That's awesome you're doing something for the community at your cost. My neighbors love watching me Chase down cars and motorcycles with my nitro cars.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks cool, and a good idea. Would be cool to have some beater cars there for kids or whatever who dont have there own

On a semi related note, a friend of mine whos into rc cars made a funny car that runs on a Stihl chainsaw motor.
  7. adam.neusbaum

Interesting, bet that's fun. Used ones yes & would like to become a dealer for a mfg to enjoy @ cost pricing.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Good for you.
    Always nice for a community.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  9. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

oh dont worry im sure a democrat ooopps i mean a city "worker" will be knocking on your door shortly to shut down your great idea.

gota have permits and regulation and liability insurance and fences and noise ordnance info posted and permision slips and a registered d.b.a with tax info and wheel chair accesses and a muslim holy book on file......before you can have fun.
  10. adam.neusbaum

:)) I'm thinking of just a donation box, hopefully will avoid all. The glee is in all the planning stages. Upon opening it may feel like a second job. For now ill just enjoy the anticipation while it lasts.
    Posted via Mobile Device