rc30 drivetrain issues

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by swanny, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Z'mnypit

Z'mnypit LawnSite Member

Any info on these boogies yet? The ones you are testing

2. pwreisdorf

pwreisdorf LawnSite Member

Attached Files:

3. pwreisdorf

I can't figure how to get the sprocket off the tapered motor shaft. The ASV p/n for the puller is 0304-461 but I don't know how it works. Any ideas?

4. greyim

greyim LawnSite Member

Iwas told there'e a double thread, havent used the sprocket puller..
    I use 2 bars behind between the large sprocket face and front of the drive motor.. two people, push real hard:weightlifter: or a cold chisel and hammer

bob 027.jpg

5. pwreisdorf

How does the puller work. I can figure it out. ASV has a p/n 0304-461 for the puller. Did you buy one or make one?

6. greyim

greyim LawnSite Member

thread in hub /sprocket is so a larger bolt can be inserted to force the hub off (but, didnt work for me)

bob shaft 026.jpg

7. carlriv

carlriv LawnSite Member
    from Mass

The above sketch is correct. I did not use a special tool, just a bolt. However the bolt broke off on one side and we had to cut the entire hub off. We did not want to put a bolt down the shaft because we did not know what it would be pushing on... Looks like the "tool" is just a stepped bolt that pushes at the end of the shaft. USE HEAT and take it slow.

8. pwreisdorf

I ended up proping up the track and removing the whole drive table with motor, sprocket assy intact. Now I have it in my shop with press (and AC) where I can work on it without crawling in the mess. Thanks for the information.

9. swanny

swanny LawnSite Senior Member

I use cold chisels in the same area - one high on one side, and one low on the other side and hit them alternatively one at a time until it breaks free.

Those hubs are usually rust welded on to the shafts if you live in humid climates like I do.

10. pwreisdorf

Got it off easily with a puller I made and a little help from the two cold chisels. Thanks for the tip.