rc30 drivetrain issues

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by swanny, Jan 18, 2011.

1. kgserv

kgserv LawnSite Member

is it possible to damage a seal when removing the sprocket? i just had the new cage installed and it now has a leak when it sits for a day they may have heated it? also any good leads on replacement tracks

2. pwreisdorf

pwreisdorf LawnSite Member

Heat will damage the seal. :nono: I used the puller and two chisels behind the sprocket. Checkout ebay for tracks - beast deal I've seen.

3. pwreisdorf

Metro Fluid Power is a bogus internet scam. Don't order anything, you'll never get it. The address is a UPS drop box.

4. pwreisdorf

They have more than one location in MI and maybe Ok but I can't get thru on phone. I asked my credit card company to check this out.

5. pwreisdorf

I was wondering if you ever got the motor from Metro Fluid Power.

6. sshklov

sshklov LawnSite Member

By the time I did hear back from metro power fluids I had found a NOS Eaton motor on the internet. I ended up buying that motor for $400 and took my old motor apart and replaced the output shaft bearings for $40 and now have that one as a spare.

7. mag360

mag360 LawnSite Silver Member

Subscribing. This thread is a great source of info. I'm neck deep in my '06 right now searching out a hydraulic leak that left it unmovable - looks to be a popped clamp on the larger draw line. Will be trying the grease fitting trick on the eight front and rear bogeys too since they are the only ones to show any wear at 400 hrs.

Can I ask what type of fuel capacity you all are finding? I can't get more than about three gallons at a time into this tank. I pulled it out to get at the lines and it looks like the filler neck comes in over halfway down the side...

8. kgserv

kgserv LawnSite Member

i always have to fill mine slowly or the foam comes out the neck are you filling it from empty? check the breather

9. greyim

greyim LawnSite Member

10. greyim

greyim LawnSite Member

Originally Posted by sshklov View Post
    I've been digging into these drive motors quite a bit.

Here are some Eaton Char-Lynn numbers:

Motor Part number: 167-0024-001 $550.00

Seal Kit number: 61344-000 $26.65

Output Shaft 32mm or 1 inch Tappered with Key way $331.00

This seems quite cheap to me, where/who these prices from sshklov?