Rd1800

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by SoCalLandscapeMgmt, Oct 28, 2011.

1. SoCalLandscapeMgmt

SoCalLandscapeMgmt LawnSite Bronze Member

2. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Pretty cool. Any list price yet? Is it even available yet?

3. SoCalLandscapeMgmt

I dunno..... it just went tup on their website today. I'll have to inquire about pricing and availability the next time I am in Ewing.

4. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Watched the first two videos so far. But it's tough to beat a regular 1804 with no options for about $1.00-$1.30, depending on if it's on sale or not.
    The way my business is designed, working on existing systems from other companies or home owners, replacing a regular 1804 with a SAM or PRS or this new RD, doesn't make sense unless replacing all the heads. but I like the idea, and the construction of it.

5. SoCalLandscapeMgmt

My guess is that they are aiming for the commercial spec market with this head. I'll be curious to see if the internals of an RD1800 are backwards compatiable with a regular 1800 case. Maybe after 30 years they finally decided it was time to update the 1800.

Hopefully Jim Lewis will chime in. I'm guessing there is a good possibility he's seen this head in person and possibly used it maybe even as long as a year ago, knowing the way that Rain Bird works.

6. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

That would be nice. I really like that the 5000 fits inside the body of the TBird.

7. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Yup, that would be a smart marketing move, like they did with the T-Bird (which I liked after they got it squared-away). I've had some 1800 wiper seals go south, but only because my crew did not take care in sandy conditions.

8. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

So the wiper seal contains a biocide. Looks like you might have to use an R.P. if you install these heads.

9. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Looks to me the're designed for re-claimed situations, which I have no problem with, but would like to know more, like the root intrusion stuff Netafim has. You are right, I'd ask for a air-gap/RP type of backflow.

10. Sprinkus

Sprinkus LawnSite Silver Member

I know that Toro DL2000 is impregnated with Treflan. Don't know 'bout Netafim.