Re-arranged inside of trailer - input?

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by FIRESCOOBY, Feb 15, 2008.

1. FIRESCOOBY

FIRESCOOBY LawnSite Senior Member

I did some rearranging inside of my trailer today. I wasn't very happy with the way I did it last year.

Things I changed:
    Mounted both blowers at rear of trailer
    Moved rakes, shovels, etc to racks. (had them each in a clamp holder along the left hand side before and it took up too much room)
    Mounted Accelerator up off floor
    Made some boxes for gas cans, oil cans, etc

Blowers mounted:
    [​IMG]
    Accelerator and some hand tools mounted:
    [​IMG]
    Hand tools mounted:
    [​IMG]
    Boxes/shelves mounted to trailer wall:
    [​IMG]
    Front of trailer (still a mess):
    [​IMG]

Any ideas/ input?

2. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

I am in the process of setting up my 8x16 enclosed and their is no way i would have heavy back pack blowers hanging on those walls with just those little cheap hooks that you have there,i give them a few days or maybe weeks before they come ripping out.
    I am not busting on you but i just can not see those things holding up to pot holes or just the stop and go process for very long!

3. stuffdeer

stuffdeer LawnSite Bronze Member

not trying to bust on you, but I don't think those hooks look too "Cheap"

They look rubber coated and everything. I may be wong, but I'd hang a backpack from one of those.

4. FIRESCOOBY

FIRESCOOBY LawnSite Senior Member

I appreciate your input, and you may be right. I've been around and around with ways to mount them. I've tried Trimmer Trap and wasn't very happy. I tried some cheaper "hooks" and they lasted a while until I opened the ramp one day and the blower was in the floor.

I found these hooks at Lowes. They have NO welds to break (that has been the problem in the past). I've got them mounted with two self tapping screws into the steel wall supports and also some 3/4" wood screws for good measure. I'm gonna see how they do when I start running my route more regular and see how they hold up.

Thanks

5. Guzman Properties

Guzman Properties LawnSite Senior Member

I use a similar hook made by Rubbermaid. Has been working out great for me. The hook you are using I use for shovels and a weedwacker/hedge trimmer set up.

There is another pic posted on this thread "One truck does it all with two guys?"

PA080212.jpg

6. ExclusiveLawnCare

ExclusiveLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Yup I plan on using the same rubbermaid ones as well, they looks strong and we'll see how thay work.

7. bigw

bigw LawnSite Bronze Member

I have those same rubber maid hooks on the tracking system that comes with them and i have hose's, hand held blower, shovel,etc..on them but i just wouldnt put my heavy back back blower on one thats all,but hey if it works for you great!!!!

8. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

Can you give us a link to that thread? I did a search and could not locate it. Has anyone had any experience with that white veneer on the walls? It sure gives the interior a clean and bright look. It is hard to imagine it looks like that for long though.

I use the same Lowes hooks for shovels and they have held up ok. I have had one set of screws break off and the threads on another set just wore down until they pulled out of the wall. I use the self tapping screws too.

9. rcracer

rcracer LawnSite Member

hey big w have you had trouble with those types of hookes you don't seem to like them very much?:usflag:

10. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I have all the same kind of hooks in my trailer and haven't had a problem with them. Well, one of them fell but thats because I hit it with my ROPS on my 52 like 5 times throughout the season, so finally it broke.