Re-charge for application if rain came

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by weissihm, Aug 25, 2011.

1. vencops

vencops LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

I just put the hours in an August "App." and figured them in with the rest. You can do it (of course) any way you see fit, though. I'll still keep up with all my time (in-house) and see how it works out at the end of the season.

Hopefully, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

2. JDiepstra

JDiepstra LawnSite Bronze Member

You guys must not have many customers if you have time to talk to each of them every service.

3. vencops

vencops LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

Quality is better than quantity...for sure.

I talk to all of mine, before applying RUP's. It may just be a "heads-up" email. But, they know I'm coming to spray....and what's expected of them (if they have irrigation). I also do this to check their mowing schedule.

My smallest weed/fert. customer's lawn is 30KSF.

4. ChiTownAmateur

ChiTownAmateur LawnSite Senior Member

To me it appears the simplest solution would be to print up a flyer that talks about applications and proper treatment of the turf immediately afterwards and then over the next few days.

Every single time an application is made, either leave the flyer on the door or give to the client if you see them. He said she said won't play well as the vendor, but if you can educate them to understand why not to irrigate for a while after application then they will likely cooperate imo.

5. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

Do you sell applications or do you sell results?

I think the customer buys on results.

If you made 1 application or 10, the point will be whether or not the customer has weeds.
    At least thats what I would do if i hired a lawn service. Id want to pay for a weed free green lawn. I dont care how many applications you make.

6. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Thats 100% correct. I sell irrigation , but my customers buy work free green grass.

7. Davie Landscape

Davie Landscape LawnSite Member

I will never be so busy that I cannot afford customer service. Quality and customer service keep them coming back. Losing five minutes here and there won't break me.

8. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

That's exactly what I thought when I read that statement as well. I have several hundred customers. Not everyone is home but I have time and will make time for the ones who are.

9. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Ted

Chemical Practices are only as good as the supporting Culture Practices. But some people either aren't worth Educating or aren't able to be educated.