Re-doing A Front Yard And Garden HELP

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Wright48, Mar 17, 2008.

1. Wright48

Wright48 LawnSite Member

So here is my plan first im going to redo the front garden give it some design the owners do not want to spend alot so im working off a budget first im taking all the old plants and hedges out then im adding and turning soil in the garden after that i planed on putting weed block down and going with yews and aberdities for shrubs and planting some impatients becausse the yard has mostly shade not alot of sun and fill in the garden with mulch. The front yard is being re-seeded and im adding new top soild to sinking sections throwing some lime and gypsum down with the seed and covering it up with hay so i expect to have a nice front yard and landscape in about 4 weeks , after the weather breaks of course. Is there any suggestions on plants and hedges that are low maintenance and not to costly or any suggestions on my plan to make it better or tips that i could use i usally dont do this type of work so any help would be good.

2. Mark Bogart

Mark Bogart LawnSite Member

Are you joking? Lime & Gypsum? Cover it with hay? What's with people and hay? Hay is a feed for livestock. Don't you mean straw? This is over your head. Sorry to be cruel but don't do it unless you fully understand what your doing.

3. jeffinsgf

jeffinsgf LawnSite Senior Member

Is an "arberdities" anything like an arbor vitae?

Get some help.