re-doing enclosed

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by RedWingsDet, Jul 2, 2008.

1. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

I plan on gutting the inside of my trailer this weekend (8x20). I plan on replacing the entire floor and walls too.

What do you guys recommend for the walls and floor (as far as size/material goes).

2. Az Gardener

Az Gardener LawnSite Gold Member

I had the same plan but I just ended up taken it to the car wash and power washing the inside. I was really surprised how much it cleaned up. Here in AZ it dried in no time. Then I primed and painted the walls white, really brightened it up. I didn't do anything to the floor but we only use reels and 21's I have 1-36 wb but it went on the new trailer, So the floor was not so bad.

If I was to rip one up I would go with 3/4 on the floor and 1/2 on the walls. But I would add some bracing on the floor I have a 16x 8 Interstate and the floor joists are a little to far apart for my taste.
  3. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

Wow, you have time for something like that this time of the year. I would like to paint the walls white on mine, but it will have to wait until Jan.
  4. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

I would go with a plexiglass wall with a 60" LCD TV behind it. It'd make for great rain days...
  5. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

Thats why I said this weekend, meaning 4th of july. Right now I have more work than we can handle, all my guys are worn out, its been a long spring and summer for us, atleast 70 hours a week. Taking this weekend off, our first saturday off in a while, and my first sunday off all year.

Some days we dont leave the job site until 9 or 10pm. Trust me, ive been putting this off all year, amongst many other things, but now that I have some free time, I will be working all weekend getting loose ends tied up. :usflag:
  6. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

I understand what you are saying, we could be working 7 days a week, 16 hr days if we could hold up to it. I have so many things I need to get done at home and at the shop, oh well, it sure beats not having a anthing to do.

I hope you got it all done the way you wanted, and it turned out the way you wanted it to.
  7. mower&more1986

mower&more1986 LawnSite Senior Member

good thing its a nice sized trailer. I had a 6x12 enclosed made by American hauler single axle. It couldnt hold a lot of weight since it was single axle. I sold it. my next trailer is going to a 7x14 enclosed trailer by the same brand they same to make good trailers but i would to like to store it in my garage so that would take some planing but Ive got plenty of time with saving up the money for it.