Re-inventing your mower...Genie gives you 3 wishes

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GarPA, Jul 25, 2003.

1. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

It's no secret that a number of manufacturers keep an eye on us here in Lawnsite to see what we're saying/thinking about our equipment. If there were 3 things you could change about your mower(s) what would they be? It might be helpful for the manufactureers for us to mention the brand and model of the mowers we own.

For my Exmark HP 52:

1. install some kind of fuel indicator
    2. make tubes in the front tires standard equipment
    3. provide as an option, some kind of fabric trash holder that could fit over the back of the seat
  2. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Gar, it's called a debris bag and they don't cost much ($10 or 15 i think). Get it from or I think.

When they get to my 52" TTHP they can put on much larger tires both drive and casters, they can make it go 8mph and they can retrofit a Hustler H-bar but make it more precise like pistol grips for better trimming. They can also make it another 1mph faster in reverse. Some sort of deck lift assist on that monster floating deck, for us little guys (6' 165#) where each side of the deck weighs as much as us LOL. I won't mention other items that are included on the full size TT, not their fault I don't have that, but one thing would be nice is an hour meter standard on all walk behinds. If you're gonna go pay $5500 for a new mower it should have an hourmeter on it so you can take care of that investment. An alternator on non-electric start units for aftermarket accessories such as the MasterChute or worklights would be nice. I'd kinda like to see slightly longer blade bolts, those little stubs are kinda scary lookin'. Oh and bigger horsepower options on the TTHP model, you know some guys might want 19hp on a 52 or 48" or 17 on a 36..... I know thats kinda the purpose of the TT model but some guys have reasons not to buy a 52" TT or maybe just want more ponies on their smaller deck mower.

When I think of more I'll get back with ya.
  3. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

Oh, only 3 things? i missed that.
  4. Lawn Tek

Lawn Tek LawnSite Senior Member
    from u s a

Some thing that turns all clippings into pulverized particiles , in all grass , wet or dry .never double again again

Dixie Chopper , where do I start ?
    O k I will try
    A deck that can be raised / lowered with out using 2 feet
    A deck that adjust in 1/4 inch incriments BIG DEAL cutting weeds
    A deck that you can actually tell what setting its on , not the retarted number thing we have now .
    Fuel caps that vent but wont leak out on a hill , on the lawn
    A Genrac motor that will start
    A Genrac motor that won't use oil
    A Genrac motor that won't drink fuel
    A testing program , not at your factory, in different states , before you put something into production .
    A low center of gravity , seat height
    FRONT AND REAR POWER OUTLETS , How many times do we have to ask ?
    Front and rear hitches , how many times do we have to ask ?
    A letter from the company president , asking me how my mower is doing .Thinking me for being a loyal customer
    You used a hose extension for the oil drain , which is good , but how about a deflector plate to keep oil from draining on the frame when the oli filter is removed ?
    A true owners manual for my model , HOW MANY TIMES DO WE HAVE TO ASK , The reps tell me they hear it all the time
    A suspension seat
    I'll think of more

5. Meg-Mo

Meg-Mo Inactive

LAWN tek check out one of the new sponsors for no more doubles
  6. JDOG

JDOG LawnSite Member

Transparent fuel tanks on all mowers.
  7. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

Kerry I feel sorry for you. With all those problems... well, just go get one of the red machines and you won't have a problem or gripe;) :)
  8. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I have just one. The fuel injected Kohler on my Exmark should come with it's own knowlegeable mechanic so I don't have to chase them down :D

Actually I have one more. The anti-scalp rollers should have some sort of quick-change fastener. This would helpful for those of us who cut different grasses at different heights.
  9. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

Excellent point. I agree with that one. But even better, I'd still like to see castering anti-scalp wheels on the front sides like I've seen on larger Kubotas and Ferris mowers. That way you can really set them down as far as you need to without digging into turf when you make sharp turns.
  10. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

pistol grips, or throttle bars that are not in the way for when you run under a tree limb and the tree limb shuts it off