1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by KNOWHOWELTD, Jun 10, 2002.

KNOWHOWELTD LawnSite Member

anyone ever seen or used one of these? they seem practical for small gravel and mulch jobs. see eventually im getting a comercial f450 w/ dump back, but this conveyor system seems good... is 3000lb handling realistic for a truck bed full of product? they arn't too expensive either... i saw them on some news review this morning.
  2. captdevo

captdevo LawnSite Senior Member

3. ohiolawnguy

ohiolawnguy LawnSite Senior Member

they work pretty good for small gravel, dirt, and mulch jobs. we used one for a couple seasons. sometimesyou have to clean out the wheelwells in the bed. otherwise, the load handler will turn, but everything else will stay in place.

I wouldn't suggest putting too much weight on one, or building a leaf box and expecting it to handle all the leaves.

If you can't currently afford a dump bed, or truck, the loadhandler can be quite helpful.
  4. Henry

Henry LawnSite Senior Member

3000 lbs. may not be realistic for the truck itself.

KNOWHOWELTD LawnSite Member

could you not throw 3000 lbs in the back of f350? they got good springs, etc.
  6. SummitFarmer

SummitFarmer LawnSite Member

I use mine all the time for anything from topsoil to AB3. One trick I learned was to put down a poly tarp under it and that way you don't have as much trouble cleaning out from behind the wheel wells you can just pick it up. Only real problem I had was once had a load of rock on it and the tailgate was too close to the border of the area we were unloading it in and I had to take the dad blamed handle out every 3/4 turn and stick it in the other side.
  7. robert payer

robert payer LawnSite Senior Member

Load handler has worked fairly well for us. Worth its reasonable price. Buy the heavy duty one. All parts are metal and not plastic.
  8. SpringValley

SpringValley LawnSite Member

I have one that a buddy gave me. Works great. I have it in my 1 ton Chevy dually. I have had 3+ yards of mulch on it, over 4000 lbs of crushed rock and chunks of sod removed from a landscape bed. Only trick is once you get it moving don't stop or it is really hard to start again. Especially with a lot of weight on it. You will need something smooth and slippery underneath it. I also install vinyl fence so I have my truck bed lined with 1x6 vinyl boards so the load handler slides easier when loaded.

9. bikerboy

bikerboy LawnSite Member
    from Kansas

i mow lawns here in south central kansas and i use one for grass clippings and it works really well. dont leave grass on it though or it gets really nasty, i love mine!!!!!!!!