RE-Metro 26 mulch kits.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dishboy, May 31, 2005.

1. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

Has any body who has received their Metro 26 actually recieved a mulch kit plug or mulching blade along with their mower ? Does the mulch kit actually exsist?

2. Turf Dancer

Turf Dancer LawnSite Senior Member

my dealer told me that they have them on order but are not sure when they will be there!

3. dishboy

from zone 6

Turf Dancer,
    Did your mower even show up last week? Mine was supposedly shipped a week ago Monday from Phoenix but has disappeared off the face of the earth.

I suspect the mulch kits were a after thought and have not been made yet. Fred H. from Exmark told me last winter this was only to be a bagging mower, so when I saw they offered a kit on the web site I was surprised.

4. z_clark

z_clark LawnSite Senior Member

Dealer told me 6 to 8 weeks.

We are using it w/o the plug, and it seems to be mulching fine. Not the best in tall wet grass for mulching, but what is.

I plan go getting the mulch kit when it comes in.

5. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

Its Just a Plug and a Blade....Duct Tape the Bag Opening..Sharpen your Blade to the Center Hole and Go Nuts....

They're Never Going to Mulch as Well as the 21"/6hp Kaw so Get Used to Bagging.

6. z_clark

z_clark LawnSite Senior Member

Agreed, they probably will not mulch as good as 21" with the same motor.

BUT, all my properties are being cut every week, so we are not cutting TONS off at a time. Works for our application so far.....only one day on the new 26", I will post tomorrow when I get the review from my guys.

7. dishboy

from zone 6

Apparently Exmark has put a hold on the mulch kits because they were not happy with the cut, this is what my dealer has relayed from the Rep this afternoon. He says they are real close on their redesign so hopefully they will get them out soon.

My mower has disappeared and nobody knows where to? They are shipping another one Hot Freight.

8. Oldtimer

Oldtimer LawnSite Bronze Member

The mulch kits should start shipping next week.

Oldtimer

9. desert rose gardening

desert rose gardening LawnSite Senior Member

From what I have been told the 26 wont mulch very good. The deck was made to bag, the same design as the Honda 21. I hear the Honda 21 dosent mulch good, my Proline mulches great. I can see side by side that the Honda and the Toro decks are very diferant. Im still going to buy a mulch kit for my 26. Maybe Meg Mow has a blade for us.

10. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

I Tried to Tell these Crazy Kids to Stick w/their 21"/Metro/Proline's But Nobody Listened...

The 26" Will Not Mulch as Well...The 26" is Much Much Heavier so When You're Going around a Small Property w/all that Turning and Backing Up You Will Just Move a Little Bit Slower to Compensate...

RIP Proline/Suzuki.