1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

re seeding lawn

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Keegan, Mar 28, 2006.

1. Keegan

Keegan LawnSite Senior Member
    from CT

How much would you charge to re seed a lawn that is about 6000 sq'? I want to use a overseeder.
    Also, I looked at Lesco's seed prices and their best stuff, I would spend about $325 or I can buy something cheaper at another store for half that. Is it really better to go with better seed?

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

With lesco trigold it's not that much more expensive,and the results turn heads.
  3. 2menandamower

2menandamower LawnSite Member

Where can you find the Lesco Trigold? I would love to try it. I have been using the Rebel Elite. It is good seed but I am looking to cut cost where I can and that will increase profit.....

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

At your lesco dealer,trigold sells out fast it is not around till mid year look em up on the web.
  5. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

the seed lesco offers in kentucky and what they off in tennesse is different.
  6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Holy SMOLKES How much would yo spend? $325? What would you spending all that on, for 6000 sq. ft.? Here, we would get about $420 for the complete job - provided there is no grading involved. It would cost me about 80 to 120 bucks....depending on what type of seed I used (this includes a bag of starter fert., also). The only thing is, is that wouldn't have the expense of renting a slitseeder or dethatcher, or whatever means that are used. Even so though, yo are only looking at 75, maybe 100 bucks at the most (probably cheaper). This doesn't come to anywhere near $325. Are y9u sure you're figuring your expenses right?
  7. muddstopper

muddstopper LawnSite Silver Member

$325 for enough seed for 6000sqft,:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  8. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

man prices do range for 6k around here a grand easy for seeding. 6k seeded with kentucky blue total seed need 24lbs, per.rye 48lbs, tall fescue 48lbs. cost per pound of seed for 1.25-3.25 depending on the blend or mixture.