1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

re-send mailing?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by matt spinniken, Apr 17, 2007.

1. matt spinniken

matt spinniken LawnSite Senior Member

I sent out about 2000 postcards off of a very specific list. For the most part Im not interested in getting buisness unless it is from these 2000 properties, I got around a 1.5% response so far. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone has tried two different mailings to the same properties just a couple weeks apart? Whats everyone's experience with this?
  2. thefed

thefed LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

cant hurt. they say you need to put it in front of their face 3 times to get the best results
  3. matt spinniken

Yeah, Im trying to decide to use the marketing money on a bigger newspaper ad or these mailers. Any input?
  4. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

you said you would only like to get work in that one area. so the mailers would be better. i would say change up the look of the mailing so they think its something different. if its the same exact thing that they have already gotten they might just throw it away.
  5. z_clark

z_clark LawnSite Senior Member

We hit the same 10,000 homes 3X with door hangers. They got it every 10 days. We had GREAT results....a little too good, as I referred some of the calls to a mentor.

With these 30,000 hangers we signed up 150 new customers. About one in three that called from it signed up. These numbers don't include all the calls I passed on as referrals.

I dreaded the phone ring after awhile!

Oh, and the life of these hangers is about 2 days after they go out, or the following Saturday.
  6. toac

toac LawnSite Senior Member

That's awesome! Did spend every day for a few weeks passing out the door hangers?
  7. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

Def hit them with another mailer.
  8. matt spinniken

I just got finished designing a new one ill order today. Thanks alot for advice!
  9. z_clark

z_clark LawnSite Senior Member

We contracted out our door hanger distributing.

We have used this strategy for 3 years now and we have VERY tight schedules.
  10. Josh.S

Josh.S LawnSite Bronze Member

For mailing, does your response rate dramatically decrease after the first month of spring is over?

I need to wait until May so I can send out a few thousand mailers because I don't want to drain the bank right now, and I didn't make a cent all winter long.

Honestly for this season, I would be happy to just pick up another 10 or so accounts. The more the better though. 2008 will be the turning point.

How much per house?