re-start

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by green boy1, May 26, 2006.

1. green boy1

green boy1 LawnSite Member

Ok guys, I know theres a lot of u that have ben using a lot of diferent kind of Ztrn like exmark,gravely,scag and so on.

Well here is the deal,. Im making plans to Re -start my business this next year (I Had my own business like 7 Years ago and for reasons out of my control I stop but now is the right time and by the way my question is because that was in Puerto Rico and theres not this kind of ztrn or at least I didnt saw it ) Well any ways Im thinking about buying a Ferris is 1500z zero turn whith 48"or 52" ( why ferry? because a got a bad back ) :cry: and a w/b 34" gravely but I really can apreciate any input If any of u guy have or use this FERRY and what coments do u have about it.

Thanks in advance.

pd: Im thinking to use the name of : Green Hills Lawn and Landscaping What do u guys think? :cool2:

2. CutInEdge Lawn Care

CutInEdge Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Where in FL?

3. green boy1

kissimmee like 15 min to orlando

4. nekos

nekos LawnSite Member
    from chicago

my sister use to live in Kissimme .

anyway i can't help ya with the Ferris < never used it > but the Gravely pro 1334 ... you wont be disappointed with it ! i just bought one and it has exceeded all my expectations . don't put a mulch kit on it though it's a waste of $100 , it just doesn't work .

5. green boy1

thanks for youre help.

Have u used another w/b aditional to the gravely?

6. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

I've got all Ferris equipment. I too have some back issues. The Ferris is very good to me, although on some really roung terrain, I wish I had the newer model one. Also, if possible get the high-back seat - it is worth every penny IMO.

7. green boy1

carcs, and what about the cuting?

Every body talks about all the exmarc adns scag machines but what about the cuality of cuting and the speed that u can really cut whit a ferris can u really go fast?

Just asking cause u know I dont want to waste my money and the suspencion thing have me thinking and the cost is not to much a difernt from the others guys ztr

Thanks in advance.:clapping:

8. lawnangel1

lawnangel1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from KY

I really like the scag wildcat with a 61 inch deck. Its very durable and has a good price point. For a walk behind I love the exmark with a 36 inch deck. I love the new ecs controls. Id at least give these 2 a shot DEMO THEM! Its an awesome combonation.

9. green boy1

lawnangel1 and what engine do u have in both of them?

Is the scag a 25hp or 30hp?

And ur exmark is 13 15hp? I think the 13hp is like to small engine for the machine but thats just my opinion let me nkow ur idea ok?

Thanks in advance:drinkup:

10. baja4wd

baja4wd LawnSite Member
    from South

greenboy,

Got a 13hp KW on my new Gravely 32" ProG, it pulls my 220# and gives an excellent cut with no problems. The best part is its quiet and smooth. Around here the setup will run you a little over $2500 with the sulky, but it is well built, worth the money.