Re: What should I do?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Runner, Aug 27, 2000.

1. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

O.k., now what happened to our consideration for other people on this site. I think it was already communicated once that there are women, children, including mine, and users who don't care to read someones filth they print just out of their lack of ability to control themselves, not to mention the lack of professionalism. If you want to start making personal attacks and acting like that I would suggest taking it somewhere else before members like myself, my family, other members and SPONSORS take it somewhere else. Thank you for your consideration in the future. We are adults, and most of us are professionals - let's act like it.

2. I fully agree with you on this Runner.

3. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Everyone should post as if they were talking to their parents or a customer. How long would you last on most jobs talking to a customer like that. Thanks for the post Runner.

4. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Well said Runner. I do not agree with everyone, nor do I expect everyone to agree with me. Just because we don't agree is no reason for us to call each other names and use profanity, or even worse! I think when we "argue" often we get good information because people open up a little more. Unfortunately, some people take it a little more personal. Last week someone in PA signed on under a new screen name and made very rude and perverted remarks about me personally, I really don't care but to have my child read it, that's another story.

5. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

I couldn't have said it better.

I spend hours upon hours trying to make lawnsite.com a better community for you guys. Please take into consideration the rest of the community when you post.

I will not tolerate the language and attacks. I don't have enough time to babysit and edit your discussions so I will just start deleting your memberships.

6. excel25

excel25 LawnSite Senior Member

Thats what keeps me away from a lot of the outher forums, they spend all the time argueing and loose site of the purpose.

7. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I think this is a First Class Site and Chuck and Eric both work very hard at keeping it this way.
    There are the times when someone gets on and causes trouble but I have noticed that this doesn't last long.

There is a very small percentage of objectional language out of thousands of posts which is a credit to those who run this forum. I as well as 99.9% of you want to keep this a forum of discussion not a forum of fighting.

8. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

I think its just that is a frustrating type of business. So we have to be a little more understanding when tempers flare. We take alot of crap from the some of public most every day. And you just have to hold in all that resentment towards them. Where do you release this tension? Toward you family? No way should you do this. In this forum with your peers? Well up to a point with the rule and good taste of the forum. I don't think Eric or the administrator should panic and start banning when things get a little out of control. Everyone on here has bad days and good days. Most wish the next day they didn't say certain things after they had a good nite rest. Lets face it though heated discussions are interesting. And alot of times during the heat of battle you don't have time to think extensivly in getting your point accross. And sometimes you get very pissed off. Its just going to happen in a large forum like this. Just delete what extremely crosses the line and lets move on. But please grown men shouldnt cry but its a free country and cry if u must. One decision should be made though. Is this an adult forum? Or a kiddie forum where YOU let you kids read this material and therefore you are responsible. I have no idea why your kids would be reading a lawn service forum. If I was a kid I would be bored stiff with this stuff. It seems to me the world is being sanitised for the kids and theres no room for us adults. I am just referring to lite profanity and maybe off color jokes etc

9. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

A person can argue without using bad language. You say you wouldn't take it out on your family, I agree that's not good. I consider a lot of the guys and gals on here sort of like family. I have been part of this forum for over a year now and have become good friends with some. Chuck and I both have lawn businesses and we have bad days too. I feel there is nothing wrong with disagreeing with someone, but why does some feel they need to swear. I've heard them all and used them all, but not here. Everytime someone feels like swearing on here, just go click on one of Chucks sponsors and see what they have to offer. :)

10. dhicks

dhicks Member

I agree with Runner.

However, where else can we go after a terrible day, e.g. equipment failures and a nasty customer thrown in for good measure to commiserate with? I doubt that I would talk with my competitor: this is the only place to vent and talk with those that share own common concerns and source of revenue.

While profanity is never necessary in good English sometimes is just feels good to say it the way you mean it.