Read it on a Just MOwit website

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by K c m, Mar 20, 2006.

1. K c m

K c m LawnSite Senior Member

These guys are no joke at all. Crews of 21's going out and making bank. Ok well I like most of you invoice after each month. BUt some customers are giving me a hard time still and it just doesn't seem feasable to take it to small claims court. (with school and all and my time) In Mr. J.M.I's website they exchange credit card numbers and after each account is done it is taken directly from the credit card.

Now this is very appealing to me and a very effective means of getting paid. Now if i were to do this what would I need besides the actual credit card machine? what all goes into this?

this would really be something for me to invest in.

2. extoro

extoro LawnSite Member

Don't forget the 2% charge you're going to get hit with for the "privilege" of accepting that credit card

3. shea

shea LawnSite Member

We use quick books for invoicing and bill pay. The customer is billed via e-mail and they are able to look at their account and pay visa or mastercard online. This has helped us get our money from the customers much quicker. It's less painful for people to just put it on their card rather than write a check out of their account.

4. K c m

SHea. How does that work exactly? could you elaborate a little more for me please?

5. shea

shea LawnSite Member

We sent a letter to all customers stating that we now accept visa and mastercard. All that we need is an e-mail address. We send the invoice for the work done via e-mail. It'll have a list of work performed and dates completed. They hit pay button...enter their card info and send. Yes...there is a small fee but we're receiving our payments much quicker. The custmers love it. Some go ahead and pay a month ahead. Once again, this is done through QuickBooks enterprise.

6. K c m

Awesome. Do you mind me asking what this software ran you?

7. shea

shea LawnSite Member

Oh..I forgot...We ask our customers if we can bill them using that same credit info each week. So we simply charge them and a receipt is sent to them.

8. shea

shea LawnSite Member

QuickBooks Enterprise is a bit pricey. But, it does everything we need to run our business. I think that you can do the same thing on QuickBooks Pro. I believe it runs about $300. It makes office life simple.

9. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

You could just set up a paypal account as well.

They take 3%, plus .03, but all you need is your email address.

Plus they only take the 3% if the customer uses a credit card to make the paypal purchase.

If they debit their bank account, you aren't charged the 3%.

You can then use the money right out of your paypal account, or transfer it to your bank account.

10. K c m

I really apreciate it guys. Im going to research this a little more and probably invest. Will make life a little easier :usflag: