Read This Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ronslawncare, Feb 21, 2004.

1. ronslawncare

ronslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

im sorry, i know this is in the wrong posting section but can u please leave this up here.I been using a 87 pathfinder and a homemade trailer for the last 4 yrs. that was all that i could afford.Now that i have money to buy a new trailer im not sure if the 87 pathfinder will be able to pull this trailer.The trailer that im interested in getting is a wells cargo 6x12 single axle.My trailer i have is a 6x11 homemade and is the perfect size for me so i want a 6x12.The deaer said there shouldnt be no problems pulling the trailer.Is he right or is he just trying to make a sale .any info would be very much appreciated thankyou .
    ronnie

2. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

I dont think you will have any problems. Your not adding on a ton of weight going from open to enclosed. I guess it all depends on what you have in the trailer. If you are really concerned I would ask the dealer to take the trailer on a test run before I buy. Then you will see how your car handles it. What engine is in your pathfinder? If you have a decent size V6 I would think youll handl it fine.

3. ronslawncare

yea its a v6 and i pulling a inclosed trailer right now .i own a 36inch scag one lawnboy 2 blowers 2 trimers one edger and two garbage cans and thats it... so does this sound good.i just think since its a old truck im a little worried .

4. Lawn Dog2001

Thats not a whole lot of weight inside. Maybe 600 lbs tops. You shouldnt have any problems, if you are not having problems now. You are not adding that much weight.

5. ronslawncare

thank you very much lawndog

6. grshppr

grshppr LawnSite Senior Member

Here is my dump tailgate:

dcp_0005.jpg

7. grshppr

Truck tailgates. They are sitting in the shop right now because I light the added visibility of no tailgate on the plow trucks.

dcp_0006.jpg

8. Lawn Dog2001

?? :confused: ??

9. Cutters Lawn Care

Cutters Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Grasshopper are you sure you haven't been smoking any grass

10. grshppr

No I haven't been smoking any grass, maybe a couple beers though. I meant to put that in another thread. Maybe the moderators can move it over.