read this

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by joshua, Mar 15, 2001.

1. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

ok, last year the owner at a gardening center asked me about giving him fliers and he would give me jobs to do mulch and sod and stuff like that. i'm in real good their now and i'm thinking of asking one of the guys who work there to work for me part time helping with the landscaping and anything else if he has time is it a good idea????
  2. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Be VERY careful, you don't want anyone thinking your trying to steal employees. You may want to talk with the owner first and get his thoughts.
  3. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

You have looked the gift horse in the mouth and are going to tell him you cutting of his tail!!!

What the HELL are you thinking??????????????

If you feel the need to use his employees because of their knowledge or ability to perform, I would talk with this colleague of yours. Ask him if there is a way to sub out his employee if you get swamped. Tell him it might be good for both of you if its in his budget to let him slide from the office. It would add to the customers piece of mind to see both companies on the site. If he says he cannot spare him, or does not like the idea just let it ride. Find the help elsewhere.

Good Luck this season!