1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Reading this site just made me some money...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FATWEASEL, Aug 9, 2006.

FATWEASEL LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

......hahaha! Actually, I was sitting here reading some post and the door bell rang. It was a lady that saw me mowing a home and knew where I lived but didn't know how get in touch.

Said her husband worked too much and couldn't keep the yard up. Easy yard, less than a half acre, 2 trees, 1 trampoline, small concrete patio and driveway, almost all open backyard. :drinkup:

I'm gonna start hangin out on here more often so I'll be RIIIICH!!! :laugh:
  2. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

It's nice when business comes to you. hope you got YOUR price and didn't let them talk you down

from NC

I said $35 and she didn't bat an eye. I think that's fair for her yard with the minimum trimming. I don't want to fall into that trap, being a first year LCO, giving too low a price to get business but I'm happy with the deal.
  4. DodgeTruckMan731

DodgeTruckMan731 LawnSite Senior Member

geese, i wish customers would come to me too.

from NC

You're not hanging out on here enough!:laugh:
  6. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

hah speaking of them coming to your house. When I was mowing a couple years ago. A old greek lady down the street came to my house. Well I was in the restroom and she had the BALLS to open my door and say "hello anyone home?" I came out in my shorts and yelled at her. I told her if I had a gun she'd be dead. I told her to get out of my house. I shut the door on her. Then she rang the door bell. I opened it fast and said "WHAT!" She the asked if I would mow her yard. I said sure where is it. She said right down the street on the corner. I stepped out and said "yeah Ill mow it--------------------------- For $40". She about fell. "Well the other guy mow's it for $12 (real small yard). Well let him do it then. Oh he quit!. I said $40 have a good day.