Ready for the season to end!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by spcfoor, Oct 4, 2005.

1. spcfoor

spcfoor LawnSite Senior Member

Anybody else ready for the mowing season to end and start with leaves and other fall projects?

2. brinlee lawn

brinlee lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I am ready for a change as well.

3. lampeslawnservice

lampeslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

Would prefer to skip leaves all together. It's alway's dirty, dusty, wet, cold...but the money is good.

4. neversatisfiedj

neversatisfiedj LawnSite Bronze Member

How do you price commercial leaf removal ?

5. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

Snow is in our forecast here for tomorrow, so whether I'm ready or not my season's coming to an end in the next couple weeks. Blow some leaves around and do the final mowings for the season and bingo...I'll be sitting in my deerstand for the next few weeks! :blob3:

Buck

6. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Kinda sums it up and puts it into perspective Buck. Thanks

7. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

The grass season was basically over 3 weeks ago here in southern va with the drought. There is some rain in the forecast the next few days but even with that i see maybe 1or 2 more cuts max this year. I guess leaf season is the next big thing for 2005, but Im not looking forward to them as dry and dusty as it is.I may be in the market for the job as a greeter at Walmart thes winter or at the hospital working as an EMT

8. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I'd much prefer to mow on a nice stady schedule year round, no extra crap, no huge weather changes, no LEAVES. Sure it gets boring doing the same thing on the same lawns week after week but having it that way makes the days fly by. Heck I start on monday and blink twice and it's Thursday... Some days I even have to check my schedule and my watch to make sure I'm working the right day since things are going so fast!

Things are slowing here cutting wise. I sitll have a couple lawns to overseed and fert to apply to some as well. Winds a blowing today so no go for that stuff. GOt done cutting at 1:00 and have been revamping my mailbox. Currently waiting for a coat of paint to dry on the box so I can hit 'er again.

9. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

I do enjoy the cutting season, I will be sad to see it go, but with the fall comes the change in seasons, it all comes with good.

10. alwaysgreener

alwaysgreener LawnSite Member

The grass is growing crazy now so my crews are happy as ever lots of OT.. Landscaping has picked way up, so that crew is happy so let the season keep on going.... :rolleyes: