1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

ready or not ,here i am

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by befnme, Mar 16, 2006.

1. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

so i get to one of my accts today. a car dealership . and the cars are still on the grassy areas out by the road . now, i called them at 12:30 and reminded them i would be there at 2:00 to get started .2:00 is my regular time to be there .so @ 1:58 i pull in and see that the cars aren't moved . i cut one small area where no cars will fit and then went to the manager .he said we will di it right now. i went to cut the area behind the body shop and when i came back still the cars aren't moved . OK well now while still waiting i decide to pick up trash and do .they now have just started to move them .i am thinking " holy crap guys " i only have so much time . it took me 1 1/4 hours to do a 3/4 hour job. i have a " not able to mow " clause in my contract and i think next time i cant work there i will just leave and bill them as usual .i haven't done it in the past i think its time to start enforcing it .
  2. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Next time, if you want to give them a heart attack if the cars are not moved. Start you mower, don't engage the blades and act like you are cutting the grass around the cars. That might just get a step in their giddy up. :waving:

3. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

I do 3 car dealerships and have access to the keys for the cars.

I just move them myself, and they're paying me $75 / hour to do so.

If there's a lot guy that I see, I have him move them quick, but it's usually easier for me to just do it.
  4. befnme

befnme LawnSite Bronze Member

i get 85.00 per hour here but dang man they have like 15 or so cars on the lawn. i figure if i call them 1 hour before they should be moved..
  5. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Yeah, I used to do that trick, but I just told the manager "look, these cars are never moved, give me access to the keys. you trust me to mow around them, it ain't like I'm going to go take off in a car while my mowing truck / equipment sits at the dealer."
  6. CAG

CAG LawnSite Senior Member
    from ct

I had a prob with a dealership when I was plowing it.. I taxed them a little and they payed the bills with no discussion then they got better at moving the cars..