1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Ready to buy new Walker 26 EFI

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tomt, Mar 9, 2003.

1. Tomt

Tomt LawnSite Member

I have sold my 16hp and am now ready to buy a new 26hp EFI, 42 GHS deck.
    Thanks for all your input on the concerns I had with my 16hp. Now before I go down that road again I have 2 Questions ;
    1) realistic price I can expect to pay.
    2) any problems or concerns the 26hp EFI.
    Thanks in advance for your input.

:) :) :)
  2. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

Make sure you get a newer version with there latest powder coated paint system.
  3. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Sweet! Have fun with the new toy! I love getting new toys, they're so much fun. Hmmm, wonder what I can buy now....
  4. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

Between 10k and 11k.
  5. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

EEWwwwee... gas!! MODEL D BABY!! Well if I can't talk you into diesel, and your going to be spending some dollars. Why not go all out and get the 29 Kohler EFI? :D
  6. mowngrow

mowngrow LawnSite Senior Member

on the first question- depending upon your location i would say anywhere from 10k-12k(why not go w/ the 48" deck, not much diff in price) i would wait on buying the 29 hp for another year just to see if there are any problems

just my thoughts on the matter
  7. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

12k...ouch. You'd think for that they'd give you a deck you could raise/lower on the fly w/o stopping to adjust those pins. That's right at double the price of a similar deck size compact ZTR. The engine only costs about $1,000 more than the ones on the lesser mowers, I believe. $5,000 for a grass handling system?

I always wanted a Walker but couldn't find a reason that made sense to buy one.
  8. Strawbridge Lawn

Strawbridge Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I think many who would buy a Walker stop right here as they analyze costs. I know I have. They have a niche in the market and offer a great product.
    I still have another 2 years on my Z-HP and have started looking now for the replacement. I hope EM's hears/see's what we all see and comes up with a reputable model for a few K less . We ALL know it is doable.
  9. turfman59

turfman59 LawnSite Senior Member

Are you going back to the HP or are you going to the standard Z ?
  10. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Do you plan on ever buying a larger deck? 26 EFI is a little over kill just for a 42" GHS deck. I have the 26 EFI and love it. Runs my 48" GHS in the spring and fall and my 52" SD in the summer months.