1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Ready to go!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ground Pounder, Feb 11, 2001.

1. Ground Pounder

Ground Pounder LawnSite Member

Well...I did it. I have purchased a nice little starter package and stayed within my budget. Here it is!

(1) 14' International utility trailer
    (1) 52" Exmark 'Turf Tracer' ECS hydro WB 17hp v-twin Kaw
    (1) 36" Exmark 'Metro' belt HP WB 15hp v-twin Kaw
    (3) Extra sets of "Gator" Blades for mowers and mulch kit
    (1) Red-Max hand-held blower
    (1) Echo string trimmer
    (1) Echo edger

I only have a couple of customers at this point...but it is finally getting closer to Spring.

I hold my breath in anticipation! The unknown is a sleep depriving beast.
  2. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

Pretty impressive for someone just starting up!!!
  3. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ma

How much did it all cost u? Package deal?
  4. Ground Pounder

Ground Pounder LawnSite Member

It wasn't a package deal...just a package that I put together. It came in just over $9000
  5. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Good luck dont worry you will easily pay for that equipment. I started with a 16000 loan and had no problem paying the loan.
  6. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

sounds killer & ready to go....good luck ;-)
  7. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

my first mower was a 21 inch old mower with a cord that had to be hand wrapped after pulling to start, only took about 10 pulls to start lol it did fit in back of the car though, it must have been a site to see lol.
  8. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

Good choices on the exmarks.... Glad to hear it all worked out well for you. Now you just have to get those customers rolling in and you'll be set :)

Good Luck
  9. cleancut

cleancut LawnSite Member

Good luck and best wishes..Good equip. purchases..The only thing is that you bought a handheld blower instead of a backpack..I think this was a mistake...You'll quickly outgrow the handheld especially when leaf season rolls around..Looks like you're on the right track though...Derrick
  10. moonarrow

moonarrow LawnSite Member

Ground pounder sounds like your ready now, but get used to the anticipation feeling for a few years. Everytime you make new bids you will get that feeling. Don't worry about what you just spent, you will make it back in no time, and probly be updating before you even know it. Good luck with your new business, and just remember "A happy customer add to a fat bank account" This is a moonarrow quote