Ready to Purchase Mini Z 19/42 - Deck / Blade Questions

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by dmcgee, Jun 2, 2006.

1. dmcgee

dmcgee LawnSite Member

In scouring the net for information on various details concerning ZT mowers and visiting darn near every dealer in a 25 mile radius I've narrowed my choice to either a scag or hustler mower.
    I'm on the cusp of making a decision and I'm leaning towards the Mini Z 19/42 for the commercial components and overall size.

Here's my question: in my quest to inform myself I seem to be running into inconsistent information with regards to the Mini Z 19/36-42 with respect to the deck ... in what looks like a press release here : http://www.landscapemanagement.net/landscape/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=326302
    It indicates that the 19/42 comes with the XR-7 deck... is this correct?

Also, I"m confused with regards to the Fusion Blades .. are they standard on all but the FasTrak series?

The article mentioned above links to the hustler site for additional information but there is none to be found (that I can find) regarding the Mini Z 36 or 42.
    Had I not found this site and subsequently asked a local dealer about these models I would not have known they were an option.

Hopefully you can set me straight..

Thanks, Dan

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Here is a link to the Mini Z 36 / 42, I am assuming the link you had is no good anymore due to a new website we launched recently.
    http://www.hustlerturfequipment.com...agesCont/HMZ3642/HMZ3642Page/HMZ3642Page.html
    As to the Fusion blades, I will have to double check the use of them on the Mini Z 36 / 42, I know we use them everywhere we can on our commercial units.
    The 36 / 42 Mini Z's use the XR-7 technology, as in the free flow triangle design, baffle design and wide discharge opening for the best cut and clipping discharge.
    If you have any other questions let me know.

Pj