1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Ready to ROCK

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by rcreech, Feb 17, 2008.

1. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

I can't believe it...we are getting really close!

Are you guys ready to go for 08?

Do any of you dread the first week or two from being out of shape?

I am a little concerned...as I think I may weigh a "few" more pounds since I did my last app! :laugh:

I am very nervous to get going. What about you all?

2. Grandview

Grandview LawnSite Gold Member
    from WI

Not ready. Probably will not get going until April 1.

3. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

I've gained 9 pounds since the fall lol.:laugh: It will be gone plus some within the first couple of weeks of spring.

4. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Heavy snow on ground here. Rain on top of snow and snow predicted. (Not as bad as Wisconsin). Very out of shape--that is a problem. I expect delays because some yards will have big--slow melting snow piles.

5. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

It might take a few weeks to work ourselves back into "mowing shape" and shed a few winter pounds

6. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

I've been walking the door hanger routine since Feb 1. I figure I walked about 50 miles in the last two weeks! :walking: I aint gettin any fatter doing that, I can tell ya!

7. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

I pack on about 20# every winter! SUCKS!

I have to have two sets of clothes almost. :laugh:

Guess that comes with seasonal work!

8. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Have you got much results from those yet? I think I am going to wait till about mid March to do mine.

9. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

I usually start about the 2nd-3rd week of March, but as I am growing I may start a little earlier depending on the weather.

When do you all start up that way?

10. Rayholio

Rayholio LawnSite Bronze Member

Geeze.. I'm ready to work.. but I've got a lot to do before I'm really ready..

Getting new truck back from the fabricator next week.. then I've got to Vinyl it up.. and install the spray rig. gotta order materials... and get it tagged.. Just hired a new guy friday, gotta find one more for our door to door program, and get them trained, set up, and working. Gotta build a large display for the home show, and get all of our handouts ready, and presentations in place. then run it.. Gotta send out my 2nd wave of spring mailings.. I could keep going.....

And it ALL has to be done in about the next week and a half.. I figure I'm going to be pulling some late nights.. But i sure loved my couple months off!