Ready to ROCK

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by rcreech, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Russ

Russ LawnSite Senior Member

Same here. I've got so much work to do before I start to work, I don't know what I'm doing here. And it's going to be 0 here tonight.

2. vegomatic40

vegomatic40 LawnSite Senior Member
    from 6

Did a preliminary roll-out last week with 4 of 6 trucks with no problems. All of them except Tree/Shrub truck rolling today as it looks like the weather may cooperate with less winds and little to no chance of rain. I was a bit concerned with seasonal weight-gain but good old Uncle Sam took care of that by taking a huge bite out of my **s with taxes. Always tends to make me hungry to push cash-flow this time of year.

3. Frank Fescue

Frank Fescue LawnSite Senior Member

61 degrees in RI right now with warm wind blown spring rains. I'd love to be out there applying right now. I'm really itching for the spring!!!

4. Whitey4

Whitey4 LawnSite Silver Member

From the 160 or so I put out on Saturday, I have to do 4 quotes today. With 2000 to distribute, it isn't too early for me, and I'm getting a fairly good respnse rate. I start with my spring cleanups in March, so that would be too late for me.

5. Shades of Green LService

Shades of Green LService LawnSite Bronze Member

Last year i got an early start, feb.17. Getting clean ups done and started rnd 1 2nd. week in march. Looking forward to '08

6. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Just finished plowing snow (again). One inch of (now frozen) slush plus six inches of snow on top. 30 -- 40 mph winds. Below zero temps next two nights. We've had snow cover since Thanksgiving. Other than a two week period in January, we've plowed snow at least twice a week since December 1, and we have gone through more ice melt than the previous 7 years combined. We are currently double the average total winter snow accumualtion and still going. We reached "normal" temps 8 days in the past 60. So much for a "mild winter" (which was predicted).........Yes I am feeding the birds.

Anybody got a snowmobile they wanta sell?

7. FdLLawnMan

FdLLawnMan LawnSite Bronze Member

Our area set a the snowfall record last week and we have received another 5 or 6 inches since then. It is getting hard to get ice melt product from my supplier, but I am not complaining. I am making great money doing snow removal. I am at least 8 weeks away from doing any applications.

8. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

Rodney are you worried about getting tired walking over to your permagreen?:laugh:

9. rcreech

rcreech Sponsor
    Male, from OHIO

Heck yea I am!

It's not as easy as it sounds! :laugh:

10. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

humble1 -- that was a GOOD one!

FdLLawnMan -- We're in the same boat. Thank God we only run 3 plow trucks............all of them Western of course (V & straight blade) which are made in WISCONSON. But this last snowfall, one of the 3 snowplow drivers went to Florida (to attend the NASCAR race) and did not even tell us. So we ran with just 2 plows, and it took 18 hours. BTW the "missing" employee is my brother-in-law! No wonder my wife calls him the black sheep of the family. LOL