Ready to roll, counting down the days.

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by lawn king, Feb 21, 2006.

1. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

Looking to start core aerations & some athletic field work. Opening day 3-13-06 weather permitting!

2. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

I starting the 1st monday in March!

3. lawn king

Are you still getting parts for your lesco 30 without any problems? That machine has been out of production for a while now!

4. indyturf

from Indy

No problem so far! most of the parts are available at any hardware store (except the tines) I cant see why the machine never really caught on? they are easy to use, fast and very easy to work on. I put a 40ld weight on the front on the front of mine and it greatly improved the cores. I was thinking about buying a couple plugr's but cant see spending the $ when my lesco 30's will probably last 4 ever!

5. lawn king

I purchased two of them brand new in 1985, still running them as my primary walk behinds to this day. I just keep replacing the blades,bushings and tires. New motors & paint every 5 years or so, i just replaced the rear rims last season after 2 decades!

6. indyturf

from Indy

can you still get the tines at lesco? I havn't bought any for a few years.

7. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

i think so for the tines

8. indyturf

from Indy

think I will buy a couple sets just in case they decide to stop making them.

9. lawn king

The closed blades are industry standard for the most part. I'm going to measure the blades on my woods aerator,i bet they are the same.

10. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

That's when my schedule starts as well.